- 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils, drained (1 cup raw)
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dairy sour cream (if needed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Puree the lentils in a blender or food processor. Place in a medium-size
- Spread walnuts and crumbs in a shallow pan. Toast lightly in a hot oven
(400 degrees F) about 10 minutes.
- Stir into lentils. Add eggs, onion, ketchup, cloves, salt and pepper. If
mixture is very dry, add a little sour cream, if necessary.
- Shape into patties (1/2 cup each). Sauté in oil and butter until nicely
browned, about 5 minutes per side.