For delicious chili con carne, add 2 pounds of beef, browned in cooking
- 2 pounds pinto beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon comino seed
- 1 (10 ounce) can roasted green chiles
- 1 (8 ounce) can taco sauce
- 1 (31 ounce) can tomatoes
- Soak pinto beans in cold water overnight. Add salt, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook 1 more hour. For spicier beans, add
1 or 2 teaspoons red chile powder.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.