Wild Mushroom Baked Beans
- 3 1/2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Finely chopped parsley, optional garnish
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until
tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Combine mushroom mixture and remaining ingredients, except parsley, in 2-quart
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes; sprinkle with parsley before serving,
Yield: 6 main-dish servings (about 1 cup each)
Nutritional information: 321 calories, 6 grams fat, 50 grams carbohydrate,
530 milligrams sodium, 14 g protein, 14 grams fiber
Recipe credit: Bean Education & Awareness Network