Create your own moisturizing bath bombs with your favorite essential oils. A
delightful, fragrant, relaxing gift for Mother's day, Valentine's Day, birthdays
or "just because."
- 1/4 cup baking soda 60 mL
2 tablespoons cornstarch 30 mL
1 1/2 tablespoons
canola oil 20 mL
2 drops food coloring, if desired
2 tablespoons citric acid
1/4 teaspoon essential oil of your choice 1 mL
Light mist of water
Mold for shaping bombs
- Mix baking soda and cornstarch together. Add canola oil, food coloring and
- Using a water mister, mist the mixture lightly one time. Mix well until
there are no lumps and the color is well-blended.
- Add citric acid. Heap as much of mixture as possible into a mold. Press
down very firmly packing the mixture well. Do not add more mixture to the mold
after firmly packing it, as it will not create a cohesive bath bomb.
- Let the bath bomb air dry for 1-2 days.
Makes one bomb.
Essential Oil Idea: Use Lavender essential oil as well as 1/2 teaspoon (2mL)
of dried lavender blossoms. Add the lavender blossoms when mixing the baking soda
and cornstarch together.
Reprinted with permission from