Vanilla Bean Sugar Scrub
- 2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup light olive, canola, almond or sunflower oil
- 6 drops vanilla essential oil
- 2 (8 ounce) decorative containers with lids
- Place sugar in a bowl, and with a spatula, incorporate oil until it
becomes a thick paste.
- Split the vanilla bean in half; scrape the seeds into the mixture.
- Add vanilla essential oil, mixing well.
- Transfer mix into containers; secure lids. Contents will settle; mix
- If giving as a gift, include these gift tag instructions:
Scoop a teaspoon or two of the scrub into your hands;
gently massage in circular motions onto moist skin. Rinse well. Your skin
will be smooth and soft!
Sugar scrubs are not recommended for the
face. Avoid using on sensitive areas, on cuts or skin that is irritated or
Yield: about 2 cups scrub
Quick Tip: You may substitute 1 1/2
teaspoons clear vanilla extract for the vanilla essential oil.
Put a small amount of the scrub on the inside of your wrist to test for allergic
reaction before using.
Be sure to clean your shower or bathtub thoroughly
after using, as the oil in the scrub may cause surfaces to become slippery.
Recipe and photo credit: C&H Sugar, Inc. - chsugar.com