Easy Patio-Party Cherry Mojitos
- 16 maraschino cherries
- 8 large sprigs fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups silver rum
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen, undiluted limeade concentrate
- 2 cups chilled soda water
- Lime wedges
- Fresh mint sprigs
cherries on fun picks
- Combine 16 cherries and 8 mint sprigs in a large pitcher and, with a bar
muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, press the cherries and mint until they
are broken up and have released their flavor.
- Add the rum and limeade concentrate to the pitcher.
- Cover and let sit for 1 hour (or up to 8 hours refrigerated) for the flavors
to come out.
- Right before serving add the soda water. Fill large glasses full with ice.
Pour drink over ice.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
This recipe uses about one 10 ounce jar of maraschino cherries.
Reprinted with permission from
the National Cherry Growers Foundation.