- 3 bottles The Christian Brothers Burgundy
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup The Christian Brothers Sweet Vermouth
- 6 whole cardamom pods, crushed slightly
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- Peel from 1 orange
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- In saucepan, mix 1 bottle wine, raisins and vermouth.
- Place cardamom, cloves and cinnamon in cheesecloth bag; add to wine. Simmer,
covered, 15 minutes; remove spices.
- Stir in remaining wine, orange peel and sugar; bring to boil, stirring to
- Add almonds.
- Serve hot with spoons to scoop up raisins and almonds.
Makes 12 (8 ounce) servings.