- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups red Bordeaux wine
- 1/2 cup Armagnac
- Toss berries with sugar in large, heavy glass or enamel saucepan.
- Cover and let stand 2 hours at room temperature.
- Add wine and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat.
- Cover and let stand overnight.
- Line sieve with double thickness of dampened cheesecloth. Strain wine mixture
- Mix in Armagnac. Pour into large bottle.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve cold.
Can be prepared 1 month ahead.