- 1 1/2 pounds peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 strips lemon peel
- 2 cups bourbon or brandy
- Peel, pit and slice peaches. Place in saucepan. Add sugar, stir well to combine.
Warm over low heat until sugar is well dissolved and peaches are juicy.
- Place mixture into aging container.
- Add lemon peels and alcohol, stirring to combine.
- Cover container
and put in a cool, dark place (or refrigerate if necessary). Stand for 1 week, stirring
- Strain and filter: press out liquid from peaches with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Ready for cooking now, ready for drinking in another month.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/18/2002 3:45 pm.