Chipotle Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 quarts canned tomato juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 green
onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 chipotle in adobo, seeded and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco, optional and to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Combine the tomato juice, cilantro, green onions, garlic, horseradish and
chipotle in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until reduced by a quarter,
about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and chill.
- Strain. Season to taste with salt, pepper, Tabasco and lemon juice.
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
Can be mixed with vodka for a Bloody Mary, Tequila for a Bloody Maria
or just enjoyed by itself on the rocks.