Grenadine (Pomegranate Syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds (about a 1-pound pomegranate)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process briefly to break up the seeds.
- Transfer to a 1-quart Mason jar and set the jar aside for 3 days in a cool, dark place, but don't refrigerate.
- Strain the contents through a fine sieve into a 4-cup glass measuring cup. Allow the liquid to drip through; this could take up to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the strained liquid to a medium-size nonreactive saucepan. Bring just to a boil over low heat, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature before using.
- Store the Grenadine in the refrigerator, where it should keep for up to 6 months.
Yield: 2 cups
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.