Tom and Jerry Batter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 egg whites
- Beat egg yolks for approximately 10 minutes until good and stiff.
- Pour in 1 pound confectioners' sugar slowly (keeping back 1/2 cup from the pound) and 1 teaspoon nutmeg. Beat until well mixed. Set aside.
- Beat the 6 egg whites until stiff and fluffy. Add the reserved 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Fold the two mixtures together gently.
- To use, heat 1/2 water and 1/2 milk and pour into heated mugs with a jigger of rum or brandy, a heaping teaspoon batter and a dash of nutmeg. Stir and serve.
You can store the remainder in a covered glass container in the refrigerator,
but it is not quite as good if left for over 24 hours.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.