Tom and Jerry Batter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 egg whites
- Beat egg yolks for approximately 10 minutes until good and stiff.
- Pour in 1 pound confectioners' sugar slowly (keeping back 1/2 cup from
the pound) and 1 teaspoon nutmeg. Beat until well mixed. Set aside.
- Beat the 6 egg whites until stiff and fluffy. Add the reserved 1/2 cup confectioners'
sugar. Fold the two mixtures together gently.
- To use, heat 1/2 water and 1/2 milk and pour into heated mugs with a jigger
of rum or brandy, a heaping teaspoon batter and a dash of nutmeg. Stir and serve.
You can store the remainder in a covered glass container in the refrigerator,
but it is not quite as good if left for over 24 hours.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Essentials Recipes