Buttered Rum-Spiced Cider
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter (butter only)
- 6 tablespoons packed
- 3/4 cup rum
- Heat cider, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon to boiling in 3 quart saucepan over medium-high
heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Strain cider mixture to remove cloves and cinnamon.
- For each serving, place 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 2 tablespoons
rum in mug. Fill with hot cider.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/18/2002, 12:17 am.