Buttery Mulled Cider
Wrap your hands around a fragrant, warming drink on a cold, blustery day!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 orange, squeezed for juice
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 8 cups apple cider
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided use
- In a large saucepan, stir brown sugar, orange and lemon juice, cider, cloves,
cinnamon sticks, allspice and 1/4 cup butter. Simmer covered for 1/2 hour, stirring
- Remove whole spices. Pour into mugs and float 1/2 tablespoon of butter on
top of each.
Makes 8 servings.
Reprinted with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.