Buttery Mulled Cider
Wrap your hands around a fragrant, warming mug of Buttery Mulled Cider on a cold, blustery day!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 orange, squeezed for juice
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice
- 8 cups apple cider
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided use
- In a large saucepan, stir brown sugar, orange and lemon juice, cider, cloves, cinnamon sticks, allspice and 1/4 cup butter. Simmer covered for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove whole spices. Pour into mugs and float 1/2 tablespoon of butter on top of each.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin