Caramel Apple Cider
Cozy up to the weekend by making coffee-shop-worthy cider in two quick steps.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups apple cider
- Garnish, if desired
- Additional whipping cream, whipped
- Caramel topping
- Ground cinnamon
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir together brown sugar and 1/3 cup whipping cream. Cook
over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Stir in vanilla and apple cider. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until thoroughly
- Serve cider in mugs. Top with whipped cream, caramel topping and/or cinnamon.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 209, Total Fat 6g
(Saturated Fat 4g), Sodium 30mg Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g), Protein
Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges:1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from