Warm Spiced Cranberry Cider
- 1 medium navel orange, skin left on, cut into large chunks
- 3 cups cider
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 8 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- 8 thin orange slices for garnish
- Put orange chunks in a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a blender,
and pulse several times until coarsely chopped, or coarsely chop with a knife
- Place chopped orange, cider, cranberry juice cocktail, 2 cinnamon sticks
and brown sugar in a large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring
often, until hot, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Using a large sieve, strain mixture and return to saucepan. (If not using
immediately, cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Reheat before serving. Cider can also be frozen, defrosted and reheated.)
- To serve, pour into mugs or cups and garnish each serving with 1 cinnamon
stick and 1 orange slice.