Coconut Cloud Coffee
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups hot, strong, brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup imitation rum extract
- Whipped cream
- Toasted coconut
- Finely chopped toasted almonds
- In a saucepan, combine milk and coconut. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring
occasionally, until mixture steams.
- Pour hot milk mixture into container of electric blender. Cover and blend
on high speed until smooth. Strain.
- In same saucepan, combine strained milk and hot coffee; heat thoroughly,
but do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in rum extract.
- Pour into 4 heat-proof glasses or coffee cups.
- Top each with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut and toasted almonds over each serving.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 (1 cup) servings.