Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from 2 medium limes)
- 1/4 cup
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- Combine sugar, lime juice and water in bowl. Stir to mix, and then let stand
until sugar is almost completely dissolved, about 15 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- In blender jar or food processor, combine the sugar mixture with the berries.
Blend until smooth. Pack into half-pint, pint-, or quart-size freezer containers;
freeze. Or, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until firm, unmold and
pack into resealable freezer bags.
- The mixture will become solid with the consistency of a very firm sherbet, so
you'll be able to scoop portions from the main batch, then reseal the mixture.
- For each Strawberry Daiquiri: In blender jar, combine 3 tablespoons light or
dark rum, 1/4 cup frozen strawberry daiquiri mix (2 average-sized cubes that have
been frozen in ice-cube trays) and about 3/4 cup of ice cubes (7 or 8 average-size
cubes). Blend until smooth. Most blender jars can handle up to 4 servings.
Makes about 4 cups.
For a nonalcoholic frozen drink, replace the rum with unsweetened pineapple
Mango Strawberry Daiquiri: Add up to 1 ripe cut-up mango to the blender when
making a batch of strawberry daiquiris (up to 4 servings) as described previously.
Strawberry Pina Colada: In blender jar, combine 3 tablespoons light or dark rum,
1/4 cup frozen strawberry daiquiri mix (2 to 3 average-size cubes that have been
frozen in ice cube trays), 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon
coconut cream and about 3/4 cup of ice cubes (7 or 8 average sized cubes). Blend