Yield: 10 servings
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 quart cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces butterscotch schnapps (or more to taste)
- Separate eggs at room temperature by placing yolk in one bowl and egg whites in another; be careful, one speck of yolk in the white can ruin the whole recipe.
- Beat yolks until creamed with about half of the sugar. Add remaining sugar.
- Beat cream until fluffy and add to yolk mixture.
- Combine egg whites and yolk mixture. Add vanilla extract and butterscotch chnapps.