Yield: 12 servings
- 1 small box vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (regular)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peach brandy, to taste
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine pudding mix, sugar and 1/4 cup milk in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add slightly beaten egg yolks and blend well. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture comes to a full boil, about 10 minutes, then cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cooled pudding mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and brandy.
- Chill for several hours.
- Just before serving, whip cream and spoon onto eggnog.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.