Candy Bar Hot Chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy bar with
fine nuts (such as Toblerone)
- 1 cup milk
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coarsely chop chocolate and place in a 2-cup microwave-safe glass measuring
cup with a spout. Add the milk. Place the measuring cup, uncovered, in the microwave.
Whisking once or twice, cook on MEDIUM-HIGH (70 percent power) until chocolate
is melted and well blended, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the cup from microwave and slowly pour chocolate into the reserved
egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to the measuring cup and cook in microwave until heated through,
about 1 minute. You may need to rotate the measuring cup if your microwave doesn't
have a carousel.
- Pour into mugs and serve.
Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 280 calories; 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat; 56 percent calories
from fat); 23 g carbohydrates; 235 mg cholesterol; 90 mg sodium; 222 mg calcium;
1 g fiber