Caramel Swirl Hot Chocolate
- 5 cups water
- 5 (3 ounce) bars milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared caramel sauce
- Bring 5 cups water and chocolate to simmer in medium saucepan, stirring
to dissolve chocolate.
- Mix in 1/4 cup cream. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Bring to simmer, stirring frequently, before continuing.)
- Whip 1 cup cream and powdered sugar in medium bowl until peaks form.
- Drizzle caramel over and swirl together, forming streaks (do not over-mix).
- Divide hot chocolate among 6 mugs.
- Top with a generous amount of caramel whipped cream and serve.
Makes 6 servings.