Frozen Hot Chocolate
Indulge in icy chocolate decadence with this recipe for Frozen Hot Chocolate.
Put a frosty twist on a warm winter favorite with this velvety blend of three different
types of chocolate. A delicious pool-side treat, this refreshing beverage will help
beat the summer heat!
- 3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar (or baking sugar)
- 1 envelope (2 to
3 tablespoons) Double Chocolate Meltdown, Rich Chocolate or
Milk Chocolate Flavor NESTLÉ Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup each NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Morsels and NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 4 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Place sugar, cocoa mix and butter in top of double boiler that is set over
gently boiling water. Stir frequently until melted and smooth paste forms.
- Add morsels; stir. When morsels begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup evaporated
milk. Stir until smooth and velvety.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place chocolate mixture, remaining evaporated milk and ice in blender (in
batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into individual glasses or bowls.
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped morsels, if desired.
- Serve with a straw and/or spoon.
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Cooling: 15 mins
Reprinted with permission from
Nestle and meals.com.