Grand Marnier Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup strained fresh orange juice plus 2 (3-inch) strips orange zest removed with a vegetable peeler
- 6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine, plus, if desired, grated chocolate for garnish
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier, or to taste
- Whipped heavy cream for garnish if desired
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large saucepan, stir together the half-and-half, the milk, the orange
juice, the zest and a pinch of salt and bring the mixture just to a boil over
- In a small heatproof bowl, whisk together the chopped chocolate and about
2/3 cup of the hot milk mixture until the mixture is smooth and whisk the chocolate
mixture into the remaining milk mixture. Simmer the hot chocolate, whisking,
for 2 minutes, discard the zest, and stir in the Grand Marnier. (For frothy
hot chocolate, in a blender blend the hot chocolate in batches.)
- Divide the hot chocolate among heated mugs and garnish each drink with some
of the whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Source: Gourmet - November 1993
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Chocolate Recipes