Hot Chocolate for Adults Only
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup almond or hazelnut liqueur
- Whipped cream and
- Melt chocolate chips over simmering water.
- Combine milk, half-and-half and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer
(so that bubbles are just beginning to form around the edge of the pan).
- Very slowly add about 1 cup of the milk mixture to the melted chocolate
and mix thoroughly.
- Pour chocolate mixture back into remaining milk mixture.
- Stir in rum and liqueur.
- Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.
- Serve at once.