Hot Chocolate with Salted Whipped Mascarpone
A quite "romantic" hot chocolate for two.
Salted Whipped Mascarpone
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Wisconsin mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon instant coffee, to taste
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2-4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Salted Whipped Mascarpone: Add mascarpone and heavy cream to a mixing bowl.
With electric mixer, beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Beat in honey, vanilla and salt until just combined. Cover and
refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Hot Chocolate: In small bowl, mix together cocoa powder, sugar, instant
coffee and salt. Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add milk and heavy
cream. Bring to simmer, stirring every few minutes. Sprinkle dry chocolate
mixture over hot milk, turning heat down to low. Whisk continuously until
smooth (do not let it boil), then whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped mascarpone.
Yield: 2 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Chocolate Recipes