New England Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in hot water and butter; bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, maple flavoring, vanilla extract and 8 marshmallows. Heat
through, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows melt.
- Pour into four mugs and top each with a marshmallow.