Real Hot Chocolate
(Warme Chocolade Melk, Le Vrai Chocolat Chaud)
The Belgian people love chocolate as much as the rest of us, and here is how
they like their hot chocolate.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably Callebaut brand, chopped into small pieces
- Whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Heat the milk and the vanilla bean in a pot over moderate heat just until
bubbles start to form around the side of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chocolate, whisking occasionally until
- Remove from the heat and remove the vanilla bean.
- Just before serving, whisk the milk vigorously to create foam on the surface.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Chocolate Recipes