Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Get cozy with a mug of this rich red velvet-tinted hot chocolate. Serve with
a decadent dollop of Vanilla Whipped Cream, if desired.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- For the Hot Chocolate, place milk and granulated sugar in medium saucepan.
Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate with wire whisk until melted. Stir in
food color and vanilla. Pour into serving cups.
- Serve with marshmallows and Vanilla Whipped Cream, if desired.
- For the Vanilla Whipped Cream, beat heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar and
vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add miniature marshmallows if desired.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Serves: 5
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 473 Sodium:
84mg Fat: 25g Carbohydrates: 52g Cholesterol: 20mg Protein: 10g Fiber: 4g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick