- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 4 cups scalded milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over hot water.
- Stir in sugar and salt and slowly add boiling water, blending well.
- Add scalded milk. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes and then beat with
a whisk until frothy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Serve chocolate from a heated coffee pot and use demitasse cups.
- Pass whipped cream separately.