- 5 cups water
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, or to taste
- Pared rind of 3 lemons
- Juice of 6 large lemons (to make 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Ice (for serving)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of the water with 1 cup of the sugar.
Bring them to a boil over low heat, stirring until the sugar melts. Turn the
heat up and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until the syrup begins
to thicken slightly.
- Stir in the remaining 3 cups of water with the lemon rind and the juice.
Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the blackberries and blueberries and
add them to the syrup. Let the mixture cool to room temperature and set it aside
for 1 hour.
- Strain well into a large pitcher to remove the seeds and skins from the
berries. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Lemonade Recipes