It's refreshing on a hot day and packed with vitamin C!
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (150 ml) hot water
- 6 large lemons
- 1 1/2
pints (850 ml) chilled still or sparkling water
- Make the syrup. Put the sugar in a heatproof bowl and add the hot water.
Stir to dissolve the sugar, then set aside to cool.
- Roll the lemons. This helps release the juice.
- Squeeze the lemons. You need 8 fluid ounces (250 ml) of juice.
- Add sugar syrup and chilled water. Pour the juice into a pitcher and stir
in the sugary syrup.
Yield: 2 pints (1.25 liters)
Try fruity ice cubes - Put blueberries and tiny sprigs of mint in the ice cube
trays. Fill with water and freeze.
Try pink lemonade - Just add a few drops of grenadine.
Recipe used with permission from
Annabel Karmel and DK Publishing.