This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Vanilla Bean Lemonade
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 6 cups cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 vanilla beans or pure vanilla extract, to taste
- 2 large lemons, quartered and seeded
- In a 3-quart pitcher, combine the lemonade concentrate, water, sugar and
salt. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- If you are using vanilla beans, split the beans lengthwise down the middle
and scrape out the seeds into the lemonade mixture. Discard the beans. Stir
until the seeds have separated. Alternatively, add vanilla extract to taste.
- Let the lemonade steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain the lemonade, if desired, through a fine-mess strainer to remove
any vanilla bean residue. Squeeze each lemon wedge into the pitcher, then add
- Chill until very cold and serve in tall glasses over ice.
Yield: 2 quarts