- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice (12 to 15 lemons)
- 3 quarts
- 2 cups watermelon puree*
- 1/2 lemon (for glasses)
- Superfine sugar
- Lemon slices (for garnish)
- Dissolve sugar in lemon juice. Add water and stir. Add watermelon puree
and mix thoroughly or keep the lemonade and watermelon separate - lemonade on
bottom, puree on top.
- To serve, rub rims of glasses with half a lemon. Dip rims in superfine sugar.
Fill glasses with ice and Watermelon Lemonade. Garnish rims with lemon slices.
Yield: 12 servings
* To make watermelon puree, blend seedless chunks of watermelon in blender or
puree with hand mixer until the consistency is smooth.