- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 cups vodka
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Coarsely chop the cranberries in a food processor fitted with the metal
blade, or chop with a knife.
- Stir the cranberries and sugar in a large bowl
until the berries are well coated.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until blended.
Pour the mixture into a large glass jar, cover, and store in a cool, dark place
for at least 1 month, stirring or shaking the jar every few days.
- Before serving, strain the liquid from the cranberries through a fine strainer
or dampened cheesecloth.
- It may be stored tightly covered at room temperature
for up to 3 months. Refrigerate it for longer storage.
Makes about 4 cups.