- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups 80 proof vodka
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over water and let soften for several
minutes. Place over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until gelatine
dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk and cream. Heat until quite
warm ( about 110 degrees F.) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the gelatine mixture.
Remove from heat and stir in vodka, vanilla extract and orange extract.
- Pour into a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days before using.
- Shake well before serving in liqueur or cordial glasses.
This mixture will keep in the refrigerator for a month or longer.
This liqueur gets thick. Use wide mouth jars or bottles so that it can
be spooned out if necessary.