Creme de Cassis
- 1 1/2 cups Sun-Maid currants
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 fifth 80-proof vodka
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar syrup
- Cook the currants in the boiling water for about 5 minutes; let them cool
and discard the water.
- Put the currants and the vodka into a tightly closed jar and let steep for
1 to 2 weeks, shaking the jar vigorously occasionally.
- Strain and filter through cheesecloth.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar syrup, stir and taste. May add up to 1 cup of syrup, stirring
and tasting after each small addition.
Source: Making Cordials & Liqueurs at Home, J.P. Farrell
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.