Orange Coffee Liqueur
- 2 fifths French brandy
- 4 cups superfine sugar
- 2 oranges, rinsed and dried
- 80 French-roast coffee beans
- Pour half the brandy into a large, wide-mouth glass jar with a lid.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Puncture the oranges with a can opener or skewer and insert a
coffee bean into each hole. Put the oranges into the jar; stir well.
- Pour in the remaining brandy.
- Cover and store in a cool, dark place for 60 days, stirring
- Before serving, remove and discard the oranges.
Yield: about 6 cups
The liqueur may be kept at room temperature for up to 3 months. Refrigerate it for longer storage.