This is reminiscent of Forbidden Fruits Liqueur.
- Thin peel from 1 orange (orange part only)
- Thin peel from 1 lemon (yellow part only)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (about 2 grapefruits)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 to 3 oranges)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (4-inch) piece vanilla bean, split
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup vodka
- Thinly peel peel from orange and lemon; chop and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine grapefruit, orange and lemon juice, chopped
peel, sugar and vanilla bean. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring
frequently for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool to lukewarm.
- Pour cooled mixture into aging container; add brandy and vodka.
- Allow liqueur to age for 3 weeks, then strain several times using successively
finer strainers, or fine cloth. For maximum clarity, let liqueur stand for several
days between straining.
- Pour liqueur into bottles and cap well.
Source: Classic Liqueurs by Cheryl Long and Heather Kibbey