Double Apricot Margaritas
- 1 1/4 cups halved, pitted unpeeled apricots or 1 (16 ounce) can unpeeled apricot halves (drained)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- Approximately 3 cup ice cubes
- Extra lime juice
- Coarse salt
- In a blender, combine apricot halves, tequila, sugar, 1/4 cup of lime juice and apricot nectar. Blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes a few at a time until the mixture becomes thick and slushy.
- Rub the rims of the glasses with the lime juice. Then dip the edge of the glass into a shallow bowl with the salt in it.
- Pour the margarita mix into the glasses.