- 1 1/2 ounces Blanco 100% Blue Agave Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau (or Controy from Mexico, made from Mexican oranges)
- 1/2 ounce freshly-squeezed Key lime juice
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Rub lime around rim of martini glass and dip in Kosher salt. Knock off excess by lightly hitting glass against the heel of your hand.
- Put all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake hard for 30 seconds.
- Strain into glass and enjoy.
Frozen or On the Rocks
- To make this margarita "on the rocks," prepare a highball glass with salt the same way. Fill with ice. Stir together the three ingredients and pour over ice.
- If you want a frozen margarita, stir up the mixture and place covered in freezer for two hours. At the same time, prepare martini glass as above and place in freezer. When the time has passed, pour into glass and serve.
- This will not be like a Slurpee, but it is a true frozen margarita.
The Classic Margarita
- To make a classic margarita, follow the same directions.