Hibiscus Flower Margaritas
(Margaritas de Jamaica)
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups Jamaica flowers (2 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 9 lime wedges
- Coarse salt
- 6 cups ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine 2 1/3 cups water, Jamaica flowers and sugar in saucepan. Bring to
boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low,
cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Strain; discard flowers. Cool syrup completely. (Can be made 3 days ahead;
cover and chill.)
- Run 1 lime wedge around top edge of 8 Margarita glasses to moisten; dip
edges in coarse salt to coat.
- Blend half of flower syrup, 3 cups ice cubes, 3/4 cup tequila and 2 tablespoons
fresh lime juice in blender until frothy and icy.
- Pour into 4 prepared Margarita glasses.
- Repeat with remaining syrup, ice cubes, tequila and lime juice.
- Garnish each Margarita with lime wedge and serve.
Source: Bon Appetit, May 2003
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Margarita Recipes