Prickly Pear Margarita
- 1 ounce premium tequila
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 1/2 ounces pureed prickly pear cactus fruit, chilled*
- 2 1/2 ounces sweet and sour
- 1/4 wedge of lime
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Prepare margarita glass by rimming with lime juice and salt.
- Put ice into a shaker. Add tequila, Grand Marnier, fruit and sweet and sour. Shake vigorously and pour into prepared margarita glass. Garnish with a wedge of lime.
* Use very ripe uncooked fruit, cleaned and peeled (very carefully, of course).
Blended Margarita: Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.