Yucatan Margaritas with Tropical Fruit
Yield: 12 servings
- Lime wedges
- granulated sugar
- 3 cups Homemade Sweet-and-Sour Mix for Margaritas, divided
- 1 cup gold tequila, divided
- 12 tablespoons papaya nectar, divided
- 12 tablespoons guava nectar, divided
- 1/2 cup canned cream of coconut, divided
- 16 ice cubes, divided
- 12 lime slices
Homemade Sweet-and-Sour Mix for Margaritas
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- Rub rims of 12 glasses with lime wedges. Dip rims into sugar.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sweet-and-sour mix, 1/2 cup tequila, 6 tablespoons papaya nectar, 6 tablespoons guava nectar, 1/4 cup cream of coconut and 8 ice cubes in blender. Process until blended. Pour into 6 glasses. Repeat with remaining sweet-and-sour mix, tequila, both nectars, cream of coconut and ice cubes. Pour into 6 glasses. Garnish each with lime slice.
Homemade Sweet-and-Sour Mix
- Combine water and sugar in large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Cool syrup.
- Mix syrup, lemon juice and lime juice in pitcher. Chill until cold. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover; keep chilled.)
Source: Cafe Iguana, Denver, Colorado