Carbonated Apple Juice
Here's a simple way to fizz up your apple juice. I use juice from frozen concentrate
but should work well with and juice.
- 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 3/4 cans water
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/8 teaspoon wine yeast
- Combine the concentrate, water, honey, and yeast.
- Sanitize enough plastic soda pop bottles and caps in a weak bleach solution.
(About 1 teaspoon unscented household bleach to 1/2 gallon of water.) Rinse
the bottles and caps well with tap water to remove the bleach solution. Sanitize
your spoon, funnel, and anything else that contacts the soda pop solution.
- Pour juice solution into the bottles, leaving about 1/2 inch of air space
in each bottle.
- Cap the bottles and place in warm place (basic room temperature) for several
days. Squeeze the bottles daily to check for carbonation.
- When the bottles are nearly rock hard, place them in the refrigerator.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 25, 2001.