- 10 pounds Concord grapes*
- 2 quarts water
- 2 pounds granulated sugar
* Use well-ripened but not overripe grapes. For white grape juice, select white
Delaware or Tokay grapes.
- Pick over and wash grapes. Place in kettle. Cover with the water and let
boil until the seeds are free. Strain while hot through cloth bag. Heat juice
to boiling point and skim. Let boil again and skim; then add sugar. Heat to
the boiling point. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal or use self-sealing bottles. If ordinary
bottles are used, do not fill too full. Immediately after filling, place corks
over bottle very lightly at first; as they cool, push corks down; then cover
with melted paraffin or sealing wax to make the seal airtight.