This refreshing beverage simulates the rose-colored iced drinks at Caribbean
street carnivals. For best results, make the tea the night or morning before serving.
- 8 tea bags (Red Zinger or other tea containing hibiscus flowers)
- 4 cups boiling
- 1 quart chilled pineapple juice
- 1 quart chilled sparkling water
- 1 to 2 cups orange juice (optional)
- 1 sliced lime, lemon or orange, for
- Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 30 minutes. Remove and discard
the tea bags. Refrigerate about 4 hours or overnight.
- Combine the tea with the pineapple juice, sparkling water and orange juice.
Stir. Add more or less juice or water to taste. Garnish with lime, lemon or
Variations: Add a cinnamon stick to the tea as it brews. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons
fresh ginger juice just before serving.