Hot Frothy Butterscotch
This is a wonderful alternative to hot cocoa.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon butter-flavored extract
- 32 miniature marshmallows, divided
- Place the milk, brown sugar, and extract in a heavy medium-size saucepan,
and stir to mix. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat, and, stirring constantly,
heat until the mixture begins to reach a boil. Reduce the heat to medium or
medium-low, and add 20 of the marshmallows. Continue to heat, stirring constantly,
until the marshmallows begin to melt.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and whip the mixture with a wire whisk
until it becomes frothy.
- Place 6 of the remaining marshmallows in the bottom of each of 2 mugs. Pour
the butterscotch mixture over the marshmallows, and serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Non-Alcoholic Beverage Recipes