Iced Mexican Chocolate
- 2 (1 ounce) squares or 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate,* melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cubes
- Microwave chocolate in large liquid measure at HIGH (100%) 2 minutes or
until chocolate is melted; stir in honey.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in milk until well blended.
- Stir in orange peel and cinnamon.
- Pour over ice in serving glasses.
Yield: 4 servings
* Four tablespoons cocoa can be substituted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Protein: 7.1 g Fat Total: 8.5 g Sodium:
93 mg Carbohydrates: 40 g Calories from Fat: 30% Cholesterol: 17 mg Calories: 247
Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
Reprinted with permission from
the National Honey Board.