- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups
- 2 quarts milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla
- 1 quart club soda
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan combine the chocolate and sugar with the hot water.
Bring to a boil, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, and continue heating. When hot, beat in vanilla extract with a
rotary egg beater or whisk. Remove from heat.
- Chill, then pour into a punch bowl over ice cream.
- For sparkle, add club soda. Top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon.
Yield: 12 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/13/01 1:29:26 pm.